Friday, May 1, 2015

water based seal over a solvent base sealer

I have an Indian slate floor that is driving me insane. I have slate in my kitchen and family room and had to strip it back after someone put a water based seal over a solvent based sealer. The stripping process was a nightmare and destroyed the carpet adjoining the slate and my walls and skirting boards. Now the floor has been stripped and resealed I have noticed that the person that sealed my floor did not clean it prior to sealing and has sealed in hair and dirt and anything else on the floor at the time. Is this inevitable when sealing? He has used a water based sealer is there anyway I can fix this without stripping again. The slate is very light in colour and it is really obvious and dirty looking. Thanks findstone2006-05-29 16:06:31

No comments: