Friday, June 19, 2009

Suggest of which one is proper travertine to fix?

My wife and I have found a beautiful Travertine which I would like to install in my bathroom on the floor as well as a shower surround above the tub.  The travertine is sold as a French pattern set 24x16, 16x16, 16x8, 8x8, and the sides are chiseled.  I noticed in the store that the each tile is cut exactly to the dimensions that I mentioned above, therefore when I incorporate a grout space the tiles will not line up properly.  Is it OK to but-join them (as this is the only way that the pattern fits properly) and grout the V valley that is left by the chiseled edges? will the grout hold?  If so what kind of grout should be used?  Keep in mind that this will also be installed on the shower walls.  Do some suppliers sell these pattern sets cut for certain grout spacings?

No comments: