Sunday, October 18, 2009

Giallo Ornamental real granite? What sealer to use

    I was wondering if you could tell me if Giallo Ornamental is a true granite. We are having problems with water spots that do dry back to the normal color over time. I tried your lemon test on our scrap piece (which is not from our slab, but is the from the samples the company passes out) and it passed. I doubt that it would pass on our actual counter tops as they do not seem to be sealed to me. If water penetrates is this a sign that they are not sealed? Is there a specific product that I should use to clean them daily? (I bought some Method granite cleaner but haven't used it yet.) Do I need to re-seal yearly? If so with what? Thanks so much for you help,
Suzie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Granite is a natural stone which is quite unique since, unlike man-made materials, these natural stones will show a variation in colour and texture to be used as kitchen worktops.