Thursday, October 22, 2009

Travertine laid upside down...

    Well... Your humor at my expense today, folks.

I stayed up most of the evening a couple of nights ago, to finish up my floor with cobblestone travertine with chisled edges in a versailles pattern. This morning I was admiring my work and showing it off to my wife, when she noticed that one of the 16x24 tiles was laid..... UPSIDE DOWN....!!!              

...Yes... it was one of the pieces toward the end of the project, laid at 4:30 am in the morning. UGH


So.. what are my options? I know I could break it out and install another one. But I was truly hoping to begin grouting today.

Is there a way to sand/polish off the saw marks that are showing lightly on the surface, which is the cut side of the stone that should be underneath? I think I could chip away at the edge to give it that "chissled" look.

Any thoughts?      

OK.... Now, Feel free to laugh away... if you haven't already been doing so.

(blush)

Regards,

Kav

No comments: