Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Total Beginner and New Homeowner needs help with W

Background: I recently purchased a newly finished condo conversion and as a first time home buyer I really did not know what I was getting into in terms of having white marble. I thought it was just very sleek looking but within the first month of living there realized that even water that was not dried up would leave stains, water marks, or even raised white residue? (sorry my best try at explaining) I'm worried I'll ruin a new apt before I'm even settled.

I'm totally new to the forum and extremely new to anything DIY/ home improvement so in adv I truly appreciate the help

From what I've read I know I have to seal the marble. What is the best sealant to use? How should I clean it beforehand? I've listed what I know about the marbles below, please let me know if I should use diff products on each.

Product recommendations would be great, the simpler it is (feel free to dumb it down for me) the better.


Kitchen:
calacatta gold marble slab (white in color: unpolished) for the kitchen counters

Bathroom:
Bianco Dolomiti marble (white in color: polished) for the top of the sink

I also have white marble on the floor of my bathroom and the floor of my shower (not sure of the name of it)

No comments: