Tuesday, July 21, 2009

acetone pouticing and expensive water polisher

Maurizio,

I would appreciate your recipe on acetone poulticing for olive oil stains

 

The decorator installed my gorgeous VOLGA BLUE granite in my kitchen last month for $7,200.  After her tile installers amateurishly attempted to place my glass tile backsplash (counter to the ceiling) and failed, I noticed 3 cracks in front and back of my sink.  I think they stood on or put pressure on the narrow ledges of the sink and cracked it. I told them to leave.  The decorator said these fissures were natural fissures and were already present before installation but I doubt it.  Her fabricator put some clear yellow liquid into the crack and it hardened but I can still see and feel the crack with my fingernail.  I purchased the expensive polisher ($250) which requires water hook-up and I plan to put more of this colored epoxy resin into this hairline crack.  I also purchased the pigment, resin and hardener to be mixed.  Do you think I can ever get it totally smooth or should I return the unused polisher with all the polishing pads?  I would like to try to do this but someone told me this has to be grinded out with a blade and then filled.  This sounds too drastic.  Please, please advise.

 

The decorator refunded me the tiling job fee of $700 but refuses to replace the cracked granite because she says it's natural fissure (but it's NOT).  

 

Bamboozled in Texas

No comments: