Saturday, April 17, 2010

first time install with used granite,sry long read

Hi, I am building a cabin a couple hundred miles away and was offered some granite (beats a laminate) that was installed in a kitchen so I went and removed it. It was a "L" shape and it lifted fine but broke on the corner of the "L". I was able to get it cut to the lengths I needed but have some repairs to do and not sure how.

First question is how do i fill the butt joints where there are 2 pieces coming together?

2nd question: I have a 15" piece that has broke in the middle from front to back, can i fix it with an epoxy or polyester resin?

One last question: after cutting back splashes, how do i polish the top edge. I have read 400 grit wet sand paper followed by tin oxide.

The counter is not glue down at this point just sitting in place.

many thanks!    

No comments: