Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mixing old with new black absolute

I recently bought a demo kitchen that came with black absolute from India.  The black absolute has already been sealed and has a dull, non shiny surface.  The kitchen layout has been rearranged a bit and as such, I need to get a new piece of black absolute for one section.  I found a piece that matches the pattern closely from a slab company, but the stone is already shiny and polished.

Can the new stone be dulled to look like the old black absolute?  Please note, the old and new stones will not be directly adjacent to each, it will be separated by the sink.  The slab company also said that for the old stone they can only do an acetone wash because its already been sealed.  It cannot be "repolished".  Don't know if all this is true, but I would love to hear opinions.  Obviously, I would like not to buy all new countertops.  Thanks.

No comments: