Monday, April 19, 2010

Is engineered quartzite tile safe to use 4 floor?

Hi I am thinking of using engineered quartzite tiles for redoing my
bathroom and kitchen floors. I understand that I should use a non-
polished finish e.g. honed to maximize slip-resistance.

When I was considering this a few years ago I came across a few websites that said quartzite tiles weren't recommended as flooring, but can't remember why, nor can I find those same sites. Now there seem to be more sites selling QZ floor tiles. Is this because there was some improvement made to the product which would make it better to use for floors than before?

Additionally I have a few practical questions which I'm hoping to get answered:

Are there issues with hardness and its ability to withstand
pressure, humidity, temperature changes, etc. that I should be
concerned about?

Are there any particular brands of quartzite tile that you would most
recommended more than others?

Also what is the best type of sealer and grout to use for this
application? Is there a special type of mastic I should use?

Thanks so much for your help!

No comments: