Sunday, April 18, 2010

Help, my black ga;axy countertop was overheated

My mom accidentally put an overheated hot pan on our newly installed black galaxy countertop.  Just about 15 seconds, after removing the hot pot, we noticed the stoned seemed to be whitened and left a faded ring.  The surface has no crack at all.  But the crystal inside the stone seemed to change the color from black to grey and white.  The shape of the crystal also looks like broken glass.

I assume the temperature of the hot pan was extremly high.  My mom forgot to add water so it was "cooked" without water before put on the countertop. 

I asked the local marble doctor companies.  I was told if it was damaged by heat, it is almost impossible to fix it as no one know how deep the damage was.


Any suggestion from you? My heart was broken for this piece of stone.  It cost lots of money for us to install it.

Many thanks!!!

 

No comments: