Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Trying to update my existing kitchen... Need help

I am looking at replacing my inlaid  tile countertops with granite. My cabinets are painted and have a wooden painted molding   that are painted the same color as the cabinets .I have a  breakfast bar and  a boxed window and  both  have a 4" thick  painted bull nose that are painted the same as the cabinets.  I am having trouble deciding if I should remove the 4" thick bull nose and the molding or leave them as I really like the look of the thick bull nose.    If I get granite I do not think it would be possible to leave the existing bull nose and molding.  I was wondering if there is a product like granite that could be inserted and leave the existing wood trim or would it make the kitchen outdated.   I do want to leave the existing  floor as it runs throughout the dining area and the front hallway of our house.  I am also having a hard time deciding the correct color of granite to go with the floor. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Karl McCoy

No comments: