Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Volga Blue


Hello,

I just had my Volga Blue counters installed.  Should these have been sealed?  The company I'm dealing with tells me yes.  They also tell me it's ok to use soap and water to clean them.  However, everything I've read on the Website, suggests that soap is not recommended.  I want to protect and preserve my investment in my counters.  If they should not have been sealed, do I need to have them stripped?   There is also a "film" on the counter.  These were just installed on Monday - I expected a shiny, glossy surface - initially, there was quite a bit of residue left on the surface - probably the sealer.  The installers came back to add a piece of backsplash and to remove the residue which in turn has created this unsightly film on the counter.  I expressed my disappointment with the granite company and they are sending someone back out to "polish and clean the counter".  I liken it to buying a new car:  you wouldn't purchase a brand new car with a lousy paint job - right?

Thank you for your advice.


Patti Senft

No comments: