Friday, November 27, 2009

Juparana Delicato stain & possible damaged finnish

I have two issues. 1.) My Juparana Delicato - a very light stone with chunks of black, white, etc., but mostly cream, now has a pink stain about 5 inches in diameter near the sink. We had a potted plant which was covered with a decorative pink foil sitting on the countertop. It must have become wet. I was not home when it was discovered. My husband used a granite cleaner (possibly Method), they tried a Baking Soda poultice - but for only about 5 min. and they even tried a Mr. Clean magic eraser (I was a little upset about this, but, thankfully, it didn't seem to make anything worse.) I am worried, because I suspect that someone, perhaps our cleaning folks, used a harsh chemical that damaged the surface. It seems much more rough than when I bought it and I can feel all of the fissures, etc. with my fingers when I couldn't before. What do I do to fix both the stain and the surface? I have another issue with a marble floor that I will mention separately.

No comments: