Saturday, November 28, 2009

?Tile? Shower is dirty looking

My concern is my tiled shower. it was there when I bought the place so I have no idea what type of tile it is. Any way you can help me identify it? The shower sides are a smooth, tan color, the shower floor is a more textured tile in the light tan color range. Grout lines in there are maybe 2 toothpicks wide. I have unknowingly hung a Tilex auto cleaner that I spray each time I get out. And have scrubbed intensely on the floor with soft scrub to try and get rid of the dirty look it has. I made it look a little cleaner, but still looks dirty.

I know it was installed 3-5 years ago, I assume the previous owners who were there about 2.5 years didn't know how to properly care for it either judging by the way they took care of the rest of the house (and they left an empty bottle of Tilex for me). I have been there just over a month and have scrubbed the shower floor twice and used the cleaner sprayer for about 2 weeks. Am I too late to undo the damage?  How can I repair/clean/maintain it from now on? Confused

No comments: