Friday, November 27, 2009

Watermark Etch Stains on Absolute Black Granite

Hi,

I have an absolute black dining room table that is approximately 6 - 8 months old.  Used only about a handful of times.  I have 2 marks that are really light in color and look like the bottom of a drinking glass.  My husband called the granite place numerous times and they said the company they buy from would have sealed the granite so that staining should never happen and its probably some chemical!  They were supposed to come and look at the problem twice and have blown us off.  From what I have been reading everywhere, you are not supposed to seal absolute black granite!!!!  I really would like to remove the etching and if possible use some sort of color enhancer.   
 
How do I remove the etching stains?
Can I use an enhancer?  If so what kind.  And if I get an etching stain again after I have used the enhancer, what do I do?
How do I maintain the absolute black granite after my issues are resolved?
 
As for the rest of my house, I have Spectrus Granite, so far, no etching...  I would like to put more sealer on it to be on the "safe" side.  Can you please make a recommendatio on a sealer for the Spectrus Granite along with maintenance suggestion?  And I also would like to know if I can use an enhancer over the sealer that is already on the spectrus granite, then reseal again???
 
Thank you.

Warmly,

Jennifer L. Loganathan

No comments: