Monday, November 16, 2009

Paradise Blue Granite & Azul Macauba Marble

My Expo designer has ordered Paradise Blue granite for my new bathroom vanity and for the bench seat and threshold in the shower (not yet installed), and Azul Macauba marble from Sicis NA for a 6" accent on the shower walls and on the front of the shower bench (already installed).

I have since read articles that state that Blue Paradise granite should not be installed in or around a high moisture area. It is also recommended that this granite be sealed with an impregnating sealer (I'm not certain if this means that it can then be installed in a high moisture area.) I have read the same thing about the Azul Macauba.

I'm so worried that this so expensive granite and marble should not be in my new bathroom at all. Am I being mislead about this? Thanks so much for your help.

No comments: