Thursday, November 5, 2009

granite installation industry standards

    
I've recently had my kitchen remodeled. I'm not happy with the craftsmanship and installation of the granite countertops. To name the worst examples:   
1. the island piece is ½ inch off center.
2. The laminated edge 'seam', which I believe should be as unobvious as possible, has a consistent black line at the seam that is pretty visible throughout.
3. The L shaped counter starts out with a distance between the edge of the granite to the cabinet at 11/16 and gradually increases out at the corner of the L shape to a difference of 1 inch. (total difference of 5/16 from one end to the other)
In my opinion these items are substandard and not acceptable but the installer claims they are within industry standard. Is that correct or am I just expecting too much? What are the industry standards for these specific issues? Can I ask him to replace it if it can't be fixed to my satisfaction? I'm trying to be fair and reasonable. Please advise. Thanx.

mlab

No comments: