Saturday, November 28, 2009

Venetian Gold Granite Tile Countertops-seal?grout?

After reading some of your advice I find that I am clearly a tile/stone idiot. I know nothing and would really like personal advice

We have recently installed (today) Venetian Gold (I'm sure you know, but they are a light tan with brown & black specs mixed in) granite tile kitchen counters. The "tile guy" said no extra attention is needed for cleaning and maintaining so I think now he may be an idiot too. It has not been grouted or sealed yet. I will do the lemon test tonight unless you already know what I'm talking about and can tell me to seal or not and what type of sealer to use. I also question what type of grout do you recommend? I will buy the type of cleaner you suggested to maintain them. Are they available anywhere?

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

No comments: