Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Black Granite

Hi,
I don't know if you can help me, I have Black Granite kitchen worktops, its completely black, though it has the od very small white imperfection in it.
I don't know what the name of it is, I bought it from a kitchen company in Manchester (uk) and they just described it as black, it is imported form china
and mongolia.
Yesterday the trap on my kitchen sink was totally blocked and after trying everything else non chemical to unblock it i resorted to a trip to my local
harware store and bought some drain cleaner/sink unblocker called 'One Shot' it is 91% sulphuric acid, anyway the stuff started to slowly seep down
and unblock the waste but not completely so after a while i poured some water on top let that seep down and got the plunger out, my sink is a butler
sink and the overflow is a vertical shaft which is open at the top and as i plunged some of the diluted drain cleaner must have splashed up onto the worktop
when i'd finished i wiped it down and the drain cleaner seems to have bleached the areas it came into contact with, they are specally but much lighter than the rest
of the granite and it looks awful.I think there may be some kind of coating on the granite as there was a blackish gloopy stuff on the cloth when i cleaned it and i can
only assume that its the laquer or sealant from the granite being eaten away
I'm kind of resigned to having to have it polished out but was hoping you may have another easier option, as your knowledge of overcoming this type of problem is very impresive
thanks a lot for your time and i look forward to hearing from you if you are able

--
Kind Regards

Matt

No comments: