Sunday, November 1, 2009

Verde Agave Granite for Countertop?

I have now driven myself crazy trying to select a countertop. The only granite I like is Verde Agave, which I think is sometimes called Coast Green. I haven't been able to find any absorption/durability data on this stone. Is it good for a heavily-used kitchen countertop? My cabinets are stained wood, and going with something that I know is low absorption like Absolute Black will make the kitchen too dark. I may just give up and paint the cabinets, and install soapstone! At least that won't stain, and I don't mind the rustic "patina" it will get over time. I live in NJ and the fabricators I've met with all tell me something different. I don't prefer the look of any of the engineered stones, and I have been lurking on this forum too long to think that marble is right for me. Help!

No comments: