Saturday, May 16, 2009

Patio - travertine - Patio

Hello, I'm redoing an outdoor patio, and I'm planning to install tumbled travertine".  I live in Dallas Texas, where it freezes a few days per year and gets extremely hot in the summer.  It will be exposed to direct sunlight in some areas.  I've been told NOT to use travertine outdoors because I risk possible cracking of the tiles if it so freezes those few times in the year.  Please advise if that's true.  If travertine is ok, then could you please advise how to be install it (grout type, sealer type).  If it is NOT a good choice for outdoors, then what is?  I'm not crazy about slate because of the layered-cleaving effect is has. 

Please write back soon as I need to decide within the next few days.  Grazie molto (thanks a bunch!)

Cynthia

No comments: