Thursday, May 28, 2009

We are renovating our kitchen?

Hello!
Not sure if this is the correct way to post a question?
 
We are renovating our kitchen ... I am desperately in love with Crema Marble - it's gorgeous!  And would like to put it on our island (4'x9') ... as well as on the perimeter countertops.  I have been encouraged to have it honed.  We have 5 children, it is a busy home.  I am aware of the "dangers" of having this product installed ... I am European, and so am familiar with "stone", not like the typical North American :)    Our kitchen, once completed, will be "old-world" type ... and I am ok with the countertops having a lived-in look.  My question:  What must I be sure of in how they prepare the stone?  (when they hone it).  Also, when one of my children cut a lemon on the surface and I am not there to immediately clean it up, how do I repair the surface from the white residue?
 
I am so thankful for your reply, and look forward to it,
 
Marcia Simpson

No comments: