Saturday, May 30, 2009

Aging Marble

hi,
I am a homemaker with a huge problem. It began when I decided to put marble floor in the entry to our dream house. I had No idea what I was getting myself into. Years later my once beautiful shiny floor has become an eyesore with the occasional fur ball, throw up, spill, forgetting how to use the litter box, THE CATS NOT ME, and puppy training. WHY OH WHY didn't someone warn me of the perils of having marble flooring in a family home with pets? I need help!!! We had the professionals out to do the refinishing. Looked great, for about a week, then came the anonymous fur ball, of course there were no claimers, because, no one was in the room when it happened...............all down hill since then, only a few months later, more etching due to the nature of the beast.....the beast being POLISHED MARBLE entry flooring, VERY expensive to install IMPOSSIBLE to maintain. Hum.......I would like to try something drastic before I RIP it all out. I tried a mixture of yogurt, lemon juice and mayonnaise, to a small piece of the marble and let it set till it dried. After cleaning it had lost all of its gloss and resembled limestone. Do you think this will work for the whole floor. I have many times said that I wished the whole floor was evenly etched. Is there any way to instantly AGE a marble floor so that the etching process isn't so obvious. The floor is just too impractical for us.
Thank you for your help,
Nancy.

No comments: