Thursday, May 14, 2009

What would you recommend putting down as flooring

I have spent considerable time on your website and read everything I can on flooring. Here is my question, I know its my decision but what would you do.
I have an adjoining kitchen and family room, I am putting in granite counter tops, just fyi. I have 3 Akita dogs (80-100lbs) they spend most of their time in the kitchen and family room. I have two kids 8 and 11 yrs old, we live in the kitchen and family room.  My biggest concern is scratch and stain resistance, ie durability. We are willing to do the proper maintenance but don't want to spend all our time doing it and we are looking for about 10 yrs for it to look decent before we sell. We are getting different opinions based on what they want to sell us. If this was your zoo/insane asylum what would you use, with only three qualifiers we don't want carpet, linoleum, or concrete and are willing to use granite, slate, marble, travertine, porcelain or ceramic tile, hard wood, or something we haven't heard of. 
 
Please I know there are many options but given our situation, ie its a war zone but we still want it to look nice and don't want to spend every waking minute taking care of it. What would you recommend putting down.  Please please, we're so confused...
Rich at the 'nut house' in Georgia.

No comments: